Our mission at Wicklewood is to inspire our pupils to be the future environmentalist, astronauts and biochemists or zoologists. To develop enquiring minds and to nurture the joy of discovery and curiosity in all pupils.
We intend for pupils to:
- Develop scientific knowledge and understanding through the specific disciplines of biology, physics and chemistry.
- Develop understanding of the processes, methods of science and its nature through five types of science enquiries: fair testing, observing over time, identifying and classifying, pattern seeking and research. These types of enquiries will help them answer scientific questions about the world around them.
- Learn and master the scientific skills needed to understand the uses and implications of science today and in the future.
- Lessons will have a skill-based focus as well as teaching being knowledge based. They will build a scientific knowledge and use this to be able to work scientifically.
- Experience the awe and wonder of science around them.