Our Vision, Mission and Aims
Wicklewood Primary School & Nursery
Love Trust Courage Forgiveness
Our school and curriculum empower pupils to be advocates and agents of change for a more sustainable world.
- We are imaginative: we dream, read and travel.
- We are inquisitive: we listen, question and challenge.
- We are disciplined: we improve, hone and practise.
- We are collaborative: we share, connect and support.
- We are persistent: we dare, struggle and stick at it.
- Prioritise mental health and wellbeing
- Help everyone find joy in learning, feel safe making mistakes and know when they are successful
- Have a curriculum that represents local, national and global diversity
- Recognise everyone’s role in the future of the world and its climate
- Make a place where difference and diversity are valued
- Link learning to the world of work
- Make pupil, family and staff voices integral to our planning
- Nurture creativity through the arts
- Develop a culture of reading for pleasure
- Ensure our pupils play safely, demonstrate our school values and build resilient friendships
- Pupils subject to disadvantage (or in the lowest 20% for attainment) make outstanding progress and gaps in attainment are closing
- Attainment in reading, writing and maths is at or higher than the national average for all pupils by the end of key stage 2.
- The quality of teaching in all year groups is consistently good.
- Pupil voice shows evidence of a significant impact of the curriculum on their knowledge, understanding and role in the wider community and the world.
- Staff’s well-being and professional development are at the forefront of school leaders’ priorities.
OUR SCHOOL VALUES