’Wherever possible, and in order to contribute to children’s well-being and encourage healthy lifestyles, we make education physical and active.’
The curriculum is…reinforced through the children’s understanding of our values (respect, understanding, courage, happiness, honesty, friendship, responsibility, acceptance, self-belief and thoughtfulness).
Inspire, Enjoy, Opportunity
At Wicklewood we aspire for every child to:
- Be inspired to lead a healthy lifestyle which contributes to their wellbeing.
- Show the values and SMSC development needed to contribute to team games.
- Enjoy physical education in a safe and supportive environment.
- Feel that they are progressing and are successful.
- Participate in competitive sport/clubs/additional opportunities.
- Develop a range of transferable skills.
- Be taught high quality lessons by enthusiastic staff.
Physical Education and Sports Premium
At Wicklewood, we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of our children. We believe that an innovative and varied PE curriculum has a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children.
To further develop the children’s experience of sport we also offer a wide range of clubs after school.
In recognition of the provision that we offer we have been awarded the Silver Kite Mark Award. The Kitemark, a nationally recognised award, rewards schools for their commitment to, and development of, PE, school sports clubs and competitions.
Well done to each and every child. Your achievements have played a big part in us gaining this award.
What is the Sports Premium?
The government continues to provide funding so that each school receives £16,000 plus an extra £10 per pupil each year. Schools must spend the funding to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils, but they are free to choose the best way of using the money.
How has it made a difference?
The development of our outdoor areas has increased children’s enjoyment of outdoor activity. It has also helped to develop children’s understanding of teamwork; improved their fine and gross motor skill; and has engaged children with activities and sports that they had previously not considered. The development of our Forest School continues to increase our pupils love of the outdoors.
Teachers have trained alongside specialist teachers to help them to deliver lessons that are focussed on skill development and application, resulting in improved progression for our children.
We have also used our funding to:
- provide staff with new teaching resources
- support and involve the least active children by running our extending school sports clubs
- increased pupils’ participation in Cluster events and School Games
- run sports activities with other schools.
- purchased new equipment which means that all children can take part in a wide variety of sports.
- PE Update Autumn Term 2020
- Virtual Sports Day
- PE Update Spring 2 2020
- PE Update Spring 1 2020
- Norfolk Academy of Gymnastics
- Karate Taster Day – Tuesday 29th January 2019
- Wicklewood Golden Mile
- TAG RUGBY Win for Wicklewood
- South Norfolk SSP Y5&6 Large Schools Sportshall Athletics Competition at the Sportspark, UEA
- Norfolk School Games Winter Finals
- County Finals of the Norfolk School Games Tag Rugby
- Kestrel Sportshall Athletics