“Be the best you can be”
Rooted in the community: reaching out to the world, we aim:
- To provide a warm, caring, respectful and friendly and safe environment for every child and adult.
- To promote excellence by bringing learning alive; to engage, enthuse and inspire our learners, whilst teaching them the essential skills and strategies for the future.
- To nurture and develop talent and potential so that each member of the school community is valued and achieves success.
- To work in partnership with the families of our pupils, ensuring that integrity, equality, kindness, friendship and tolerance are at the heart of all we do.
- To support children and staff to have the courage and determination to be the best that they can be in learning and as citizens of the global community.
Vision in Practice
The development of the children’s core skills is central to Wicklewood’s aim of providing the children with what they need for the future so that they are able to thrive in the joy of life-long learning. Our teaching and learning approach always has the development of key skills at the heart of everything we do. By developing these skills within contexts, and by giving the application of these skills a purpose, the children are experiencing a reflection of what for the majority, adult working life is like.
The staff work tirelessly to provide the children with learning opportunities that capture their imaginations and bring the learning alive. We continuously drive to explore innovative, engaging and exciting ways to learn, embracing change and trying new things for the benefit of all stakeholders.
Wicklewood Primary School and Nursery strives unashamedly to be the talked about place to be.