Physical Education and Sports Premium
At Wicklewood, we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of our children. We believe that an innovative and varied PE curriculum has a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children.
To further develop the children’s experience of sport we also offer a wide range of clubs after school.
In recognition of the provision that we offer we have been awarded the Silver Kite Mark Award. The Kitemark, a nationally recognised award, rewards schools for their commitment to, and development of, PE, school sports clubs and competitions.
Well done to each and every child, your achievements have played a big part in us gaining this award.
What is the Sports Premium?
The government continues to provide funding so that each school receives £8,000 plus an extra £5 per pupil each year. Schools must spend the funding to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils, but they are free to choose the best of way using of the money.
How has it made a difference?
The development of our outdoor areas has increased children’s enjoyment of outdoor activity. It has also helped to develop children’s understanding of teamwork; improved their fine and gross motor skill; and has engaged children with sports that they had previously not considered.
Teachers have trained alongside specialist teachers to help them to deliver lessons that are focussed on skill development and application, resulting in improved progression for our children.
We have also used our funding to:
- provide staff with new teaching resources
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs
- increased pupils’ participation in Cluster events and School Games
- run sports activities with other schools.
- purchase new equipment which means that all children can take part in a wide variety of sports.
- Sports Day 2017
- Norfolk School Games Winter Finals
- County Finals of the Norfolk School Games Tag Rugby
- Kestrel Sportshall Athletics
This is a breakdown of how we have spent our allocated money.